Just Say It! Making ANY Conversation Easy
Giving feedback is challenging for everyone. No one wants to hear that she isn’t doing a good job. And thus no one wants to tell her. Telling your boss you’re frustrated or aren’t hitting your targets can be even more difficult, and thus many of us don’t. Worse, is that most feedback, positive or negative, is useless because it’s vague.
Get a simple formula to make even the most difficult conversation easier. Conversations will be short, specific and on point. They won’t be personal. They will be actionable. You’ll be able to say what you want to say, when you want to say it, in a way that the other person can hear you and take action.
Outcomes to Expect:
- Package and deliver difficult messages, managing the impression you create
- Give clear and specific feedback that employees can act upon immediately
- Provide feedback to peers, direct supervisors, and others at a higher level in a way that does not elicit defensive responses
- Demonstrate commitment to developing employees’ careers and retain key talent
- Eliminate personal and department blind spots, giving you the power to take action, solve problems and ensure initiatives stay on track and produce results
- Receive more feedback without showing emotion or frustration